Samsung has just announced its biggest tech diversions in history that it'll be calling its smart watch the Samsung Galaxy Gear at IFA 2013 in Berlin.
The Samsung Galaxy Gear will work with your Galaxy Note and Galaxy Phone to bring glanceable information to your wrist.
The Galaxy Gear is different because it is bringing entirely new wearable product category unlike smarphones, tablets and TVs.
The Galaxy Gear is packed with a metal face and a buckle.
It will be available in choice of 6 colors to match with every person's style!
This Star-Trek like communicator connects with your Samsung Galaxy S3 and S4, Note 3 and Galaxy Tab via Bluetooth and empowers the user to perform much more than a normal wrist watch can doe!
You get the notification for an email or message on your watch. You don't need to take out your phone from the pocket!
Gear comes with an instant camera that will help you to never loose the stunning moments to capture. Of course, the auto-share will allow you to share instantly with your friends and social media.
You can command to your watch to check what is today’s weather!
Here is a closer look of Samsung Galaxy Gear Smart Watch:
- 800 MHz processor
- 1.63-inch Super AMOLED display with 320 x 320 resolution
- 1.9-megapixel built-in camera with an auto-focus lens; Can record 720p videos for up to 10 seconds
- 4GB of internal memory
- 512 MB of RAM
- Bluetooth v 4.0 ＋ BLE
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope
- Dimensions: 36.8 x 56.6 x 11.1 mm
- Weight: 73.8g
- Li-ion 315mAh standard battery; Advertised to last approximately 25 hours before needing a charge
- Designed to operate as a companion device (i.e. displays SMS notifications from paired smartphone, enables users to control music settings, etc.)
- S Voice: Can make and receive calls, draft text messages, create new calendar entries, set alarms, check the weather, and write voice memos
- Pedometer: Tracks physical activity thanks to a built-in sensor; Automatically monitors users and tracks personal data such as calories burned, steps taken and distance covered
- Find My Device: Helps users find the location of their smart devices when lost (or stolen) by making them beep, illuminate and vibrate.
- Auto Lock: Security feature that automatically secures the companion smartphone screen any time that the Gear is more than 1.5 meters away from the smartphone, and then unlocks the smartphone when the companion device is nearby again
- Outfitted in a tasty assortment of 6 colors: Jet Black, Mocha Gray, Wild Orange, Oatmeal Beige, Rose Gold, and Lime Green
- 70 apps are promised to be ready at launch time; Third-party apps include Evernote, eBay, Path, TripIt and Pocket, among others
- Pre-loaded with 10 different clock options; More choices will be downloadable via Samsung Apps
- Ships on September 25 in 149 countries worldwide along with Galaxy Note 3
- Will retail for $299 in the United States