IOT enables physical world objects like appliances, smartphones, cars and various machines to connect to the internet and will usher an era of machine-to-machine communications (M2M) devices that will interact with humans.
IoT offers advanced connectivity of smart devices and systems that empowers users to perform the tasks in an automated fashion than manual intervention.
The Internet Of Things has emerged as one of the hottest tech in the current era and it leads the advancements of automation in nearly all fields including Healthcare.
IOT & Health Care
The Transformation of the health care industry has begun. Patients will be able to leverage the ever increasing medical knowledge base and combined it with real time data of the patient which includes genetics, lifestyle, behavior and environment data.
The mobile app based healthcare transformation was begun with fitness apps that measures your daily workouts and provides calorie burning charts and other stats which millions of users has downloaded from app store.
Healthcare apps got a huge boost when Apple release its Healthkit framework for developers and that really started a new trend of building innovative apps and solutions in healthcare by current generation developers & entrepreneurs.
Healthcare domain is a very different play field compare to other domains because of its technicalities, large amount of complex data, data privacy and other compliance factors. Due to such factors healthcare domain was earlier dominated by EHR and PHR companies like Cerner, Epic Systems, AllScripts, NextGen Healthcare and few more however with the rise of IoT, the scenario has started shifting towards the innovative solutions that are tied with mobile technology.
Hire Mobile Developer has provided its mobile expertise to such well known companies and helped them to expand their enterprise level EHR and PHR to bring on mobile and tablets for providers and patients.
#IoT has enabled the current generation hospitals to have smart beds which can sense whether the patient is laying on the bed or not, it also senses when the patient gets up from his bed and collects all the data.
Home Medical dispensers can be equipped with the system which sends the data to the cloud when the medication doesn’t takes place with the help of IoT.
Various devices gathers data and sharing it with healthcare staff for improved efficiency and patient care. Such examples can include ECG monitors, Glucose monitors, pulse oximeters, clothes with sensing devices and more!
Some of the useful usecases of IoT in healthcare are,
- Data from devices, including hospital room sensors, lab equipment, employee wearable and patient monitoring devices will enable the industry to accelerate the transformation to digital.
- Devices for measuring patient pulse rate, blood pressure, blood sugar are already started its footprints in the market. Hire Mobile Developer team is expecting that such devices will eventually evolve and it will help patients from many undesired health disease with its sharp analysis of historical data in the next 2 to 3 years of time.
- Remote patient monitoring will automatically feed patient records with real-time data, perform analysis and send coaching notifications to both providers and patients which makes healthcare convenient for 24/7 that will be web enabled and personalized.
- With the help of #IoT in health care, we can have more advanced and faster devices useful in health care which are more accurate and can transmit health records faster.
- Researchers, business execs, doctors and IT professionals will collaborate to provide better overall care to patients. Vendors will increase their focus on integrating platforms, applications and data.
- Hospitals can develop long-term strategies to leverage sensors and wearable throughout their operations in order to build a real-time sense-and-respond intelligent operation that cuts costs and improves patient experiences and outcomes. Researchers, nurses and doctors will spend less time doing administrative work and more time with patients.
- We have already passed the fitness tracker app era and we are moving towards the new trend of health tracker apps. Health tracker apps will be the next big thing as per our assumption in the next 3 years of time.
- The apps that will help patients to improve their quality of life will become one of the most popular apps in the developed and developing countries equally.
- Besides this it results into decreased costs, improved outcomes of treatment, improved disease management, reduce errors, enhanced patient experience, enhanced management of drugs.
Challenges of IOT in Health care
- Need immense Analysis – the product need to be meaningful, scalable and easy to use.
- Data Privacy – Concerns may arise for the privacy of the data which needs to be taken care so the system is absolutely fool proof.
- The two patients with the same disease may have different level of sensitivity so providing the best result for both the patient for any app is a challenge. This needs very well crafted apps can deal with the complexities of human body as well as the medical world together.
- IoT is still new so there are many healthcare device manufacturers are not yet ready to build smart devices and still relying on their age old manufacturing practices. They need to open up their hardware for the app developers!
If you have an idea or you are in a healthcare domain then feel free to get in touch with us and let us share our expertise with you to build your next gen IoT & Mobile based healthcare app!
We firmly believe that IoT & Mobile App combination holds the potential to transform the healthcare industry so the pain points faced can be eliminated efficiently.
Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments!