Apple has announced new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch yesterday in a small event unlike Apple’s flagship yearly event where they usually announce all their new models and technology with big bang!
This time apple invited small number of reporters for a press conference and announced silently the new iPhone SE, iPad Pro and Apple Watch!
On the whole it looks like an old wine in a new packing.
Unlike Apple’s innovation based releases, this time it is all just the combination of what they have in different version brought into another new version.
It looks like Apple is facing a good competition and as their results of the last quarter shown the worst performance of only 1% increase in the iPhone sales since its release. In fact, Tim Cook had also expressed that this quarter the sales may go in negative.
We are assuming that such factors might have trigger the release of the new devices in between of the year by Apple!
As a consumer, we are in a gaining situation because user will get the new Apple devices at better prices than ever!
Key points of Apple’s iPhone SE At a glance
It looks pretty much the same as the iPhone 5s:
- 4 inch screen
- 12-megapixel camera with Live Photos and 4K video
- A9 64 bit processor
- M9 chips from Apple’s current flagship
- Available in 16GB and 64GB.
With all of that additional hardware comes several other features from the 6s:
- a “Retina” front-facing flash
- Hands-free Siri commands
- Support for faster LTE and 802.11 AC Wi-Fi speeds
- Apple Pay support
- Dedicated NFC chip
- Secure element
- Integrated Touch ID home button
The iPhone SE is particularly interesting because it marks the first time Apple has plugged in faster hardware into an older iPhone case design. Its price is also intriguing,
Key points of Apple’s iPed at a glance:
- 9.7 inch retina display
- Display matches screen color temperature to the surrounding environment
- A9X processors
- “Pro audio”, with four speakers
- Supports “pro accessories”, such as the iPad Pro keyboard and the Apple Pencil
- Most advanced iPad camera
- Night Shift mode to reduce blue light
- More personalised News updates
- Lets you lock the Notes app with TouchID
- Gives you a few new ways of viewing health data
- A price cut for the Apple Watch
- Introducing some new colors and a new band made from all new materials
One more thing?
This will be the last event in Apple’s old HQ!
Next year, they’ll be in their Halo campus, down the road in Cupertino.